for the 2016-2017Academic Year
We are pleased to announce Salisbury School will continue its partnership with K12 Student Direct for the upcoming 2016-2017 academic year. Books are available via K12’s virtual bookstore website, www.k12sd.com.
K12 Student Direct is operated by a reliable and experienced educational book distributor with over sixty years of experience. To get started, visit the website, set up an account, if you don’t already have one, search for your courses and assigned materials, add them a virtual shopping cart, and checkout with the shipping method of your choice.
You are welcome to search for items across other retailers, but we have taken the time to partner with K12 Student Direct and we urge you to use our partner for the following reasons:
- K12 Student Direct offers a generous discount on books, competitive with what you will find other places online,
- By using the online bookstore that we’ve created with K12 Student Direct, your son will be guaranteed to purchase the exact version of the book selected by his teacher,
- K12 Student Direct is set up to deliver books in time for classes. Many e-retailers can take several weeks to deliver items or will charge fees to guarantee quicker delivery,
- K12 Student Direct is located in Brooklyn, which means your books will be delivered within two (2) business day and at a low cost of shipping,
- Your purchase through K12 Student Direct helps to support UNIS. When most of the students in a course purchase through a single site, it makes it possible for the faculty to receive teacher editions and other support materials,
- K12 Student Direct also makes available many used, reconditioned books as a cost-efficient alternative to buying new,
- Textbooks purchased from K12 Student Direct, whether new or used, will always be purchased back from students if the school is using the book the following year. This is simpler and more cost-effective than dealing with an unaffiliated online retailer,
- Reliability and security: K12 Student Direct as our partner guarantees the security of your payment information and full support from their customer service team.
- At K12 Student Direct you can get all course-assigned books from one source and in most cases in one shipment, without having to go through the hassles of shopping across different stores.
The K12 Student Direct online bookstore is our official online book service. If you search the web for new or used books, please pay special attention to ISBN numbers when ordering from other sources. We can easily assist you if there is an issue with K12Student Direct. We are unable to assist you when problems arise with another Internet bookseller.
We are excited to continue to offer K12 Student Direct’s great services and look forward to welcoming all of our boys back to the Hilltop this fall.
Salisbury School Virtual Book Team