Salisbury School has entered its second century of educating boys. The School’s founder and first headmaster, The Reverend George Emerson Quaile, began with a fundamental mission and philosophy, and we celebrate and hold true to these ideals more than 100 years later. We are a school that values loyalty and honor. We are a small school that strives to develop your mind, body and spirit. Finally, we are a school founded in the tradition of the Episcopal Church and seek to instill in you a moral compass that will guide you during your college years and in the world thereafter.
You will be challenged each day by your teachers, your coaches and your advisor. You won't get lost or fall through the cracks at Salisbury. We view ourselves as a community of learners who care for and support each other in all endeavors. As a graduate, you will look back on your experience at Salisbury as much more than just an important chapter of your education or a stepping stone to the college of your choice. You'll realize that you have been and continue to be part of a family that will always be a cherished piece of your life.
Salisbury School At-A-Glance
Salisbury School is a private all-boys boarding high school in Connecticut. We offer education from grades 9-12, with a focus on developing the leaders of tomorrow through an intensive program of academics, athletics, art and community involvement.
- We are located in Salisbury, Connecticut in Litchfield County, on a lush, well-appointed 725-acre campus.
- We have an average annual enrollment of 310 students, approximately 36% of whom receive some form of financial aid.
- Our total endowment exceeds $45 million, which has gone on to fund athletic facilities and other campus infrastructure, financial aid programs and more.
- We offer a full course calendar consisting of 14 AP and advanced courses, as well as our Programs of Distinction: Mandarin Chinese, Entrepreneurial Studies, Tiny House Design and Build, Digital Media and Robotics.
- Our faculty consists of 65 full-time instructors, giving us a student-to-teacher ratio of 5:1.
- Over 60% of our instructors have an advanced degree.
- We typically accept 38% of applicants. Our incoming students have an average SSAT score of 54% or higher.
- Our graduates have an average SAT score of 1810 and have gone on to prestigious colleges such as Harvard University, NYU and Cornell, among others.
It’s easy to see why we’re considered a leading private boarding school in Connecticut and beyond. Book a campus tour today to see our impressive facilities for yourself and learn more about educational opportunities at Salisbury.
Athletics and Arts
At Salisbury School, we believe a well-rounded education should involve more than just classroom learning. To mold our students into well-rounded men, we strongly encourage participation in sports and arts programs. We field more than 30 interscholastic sports teams at a range of different levels, and we offer recreational and fitness programs that are open to all students.
Our arts programming is also unique among all-boys boarding high schools in Connecticut. Visual arts, theater and music classes are available, as is our exclusive boatbuilding program. Facilities include the William E. Buehner Digital Media Lab, Field Music Center and Ruger Fine Arts Center, which feature modern, well-equipped studios and workspaces where students can explore their creative impulses with help from our expert faculty and instructors.
Salisbury School was founded to instill a vibrant enthusiasm for learning and the self-confidence needed for intellectual, physical, moral and spiritual development. Though we are a non-denominational school open to boys of all belief systems, spiritual exploration is one of our core traditions.
For more information about our beliefs, traditions, history and approach to education, keep browsing our website. We encourage interested parents to contact our admissions team directly and schedule a campus tour. There, you’ll see our facilities in person and learn directly from current students what makes us an innovator among the top college prep schools in Connecticut.