To All Current Parents,
Please note that as the Deans’ Office is busy finalizing dormitory assignments, all boarding students will be classified as “TBD” on their 2015-2016 schedules in Veracross. Dormitory assignments will not be available to families/students until Fall Registration.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you on the Hilltop in September!
Dear Alumni, Parents and Friends,
The qualities in the School’s motto Esse Quam Videri, "To be rather than to seem to be," extend beyond the boundaries of the campus, to those who support Salisbury’s mission by their generous volunteer time and their philanthropic support. In the case of current parents, we know that your support comes in addition to your very significant investment in tuition. For past parents, alumni and friends, we know that your support comes in addition to your support for other worthwhile organizations. To all, we are extremely grateful and honored by your decision to invest in Salisbury.
As a community, Salisbury embraced the recently completed, ambitious Campaign, and as a community, exceeded the $105,000,000 goal by raising over $108,000,000 in gifts and pledges. New records were established in annual giving, leadership giving and deferred giving. More importantly, these generous gifts provide critical opportunities to our students and those who teach, coach and mentor them. As generous donors during the Campaign, you have:
- Contributed $108,477,083 in gifts and pledges to support the mission of Salisbury School.
- Raised the Salisbury Fund from $1,400,000 in 2008 to $2,089,129 in 2014, and raised the Salisbury Fund in six of the last seven years.
- Created seven (7) new Endowed Scholarships
- Created ten (10) new Endowed Funds
- Created four (4) new Endowed Teaching Fellowships
- Improved Salisbury through an ambitious Sixth Form Gift Program including:
- Class of 2008 – Entrance to the Flood Athletic Center
- Class of 2009 – Championship Lounge in the Flood Athletic Center
- Class of 2010 – Wachtmeister Field Stadium Seating
- Class of 2011 – Endowed Teaching Fellowship
- Class of 2012 – Restoration & Renovation of Main Front Entrance
- Class of 2013 - Global Classroom and Video Conferencing Center
- Class of 2014 – North Dorm Restoration and Renovation
This is a tremendous list of accomplishments that you have made possible for the boys and for the men and women who teach them. On behalf of them, and all of us, thank you.
As Headmaster Chis Chandler stated at the May 2014 gala Campaign dinner, "...we will not rest on this amazing philanthropic achievement. Rather, we will honor your generosity, as we honor the boys and the men and women who teach them, by using this moment to grow stronger. While we are celebrating our work together today, we are especially excited about tomorrow.”
Thank you for what you have done to take Salisbury to such heights. As we work hard to sustain this momentum, your generosity of resources, time and interest will make Salisbury’s future exciting and vibrant.
All of us in the Alumni and Development Office stand ready to assist you in any way we can, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilltop.
With best wishes,
Director of Development