Greetings from the Hilltop!
My name is Nadine Rote, parent of Matthew ’14 and Charlie ’18, and I have the privilege and honor of taking over the reigns as president of the Salisbury School Parents Association.
I first became involved with the Parents Association four years ago when my son, Matthew, then a fourth former, started at Salisbury. We were new to boarding school, and I was nervous that I would not have the opportunity to meet other parents and get to know my son’s new classmates. I could not have been more wrong! I attended a Parents Association meeting and quickly met what have become some of my close friends.
Whether you live far away or are able to get up here frequently, I encourage you to get involved and take advantage of all the Parents Association has to offer.
Some of the events and activities in which we would welcome your involvement in are:
- Attend or host a MOB (Mothers of Boys) luncheon or regional gathering
- Become an athletic team coordinator
- Contact incoming families and offer guidance in the transition to boarding school
- Participate as a Parents Association board member
- Join the Parents Fund Committee
- Offer ideas and leadership to enrich campus life
Additionally, each year we look for volunteers on the Fall and Spring Parents Weekends and on the boys arrival at school on move-in day. We welcome your ideas and involvement. You will see us around campus during Parents Weekend and at sporting events. Please feel free to stop one of us and say hello, or contact Cherrie Collins, director of parent programs. She is a great resource to the Association and the School and will help put you in contact with one of us on the Board.
Please also feel free to email with any questions you might have.
I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in the coming months!
The 2016-2017 Salisbury School Parents Association
- Nadine Rote P'18, President
- Melissa Schoen P'17, Co-President
- Karolene Carlson P'17, Day Student Liaison
- Leslie Silverman P'18, Athletic Coordinator
- Electra Tortorella P'17, New Parent Liaison
- Maureen Gilbert P'17, Sarum Swap Shop
- Nancy Kurty P'14, Honorary Board Member