During this new normal, we recognize the importance of our health and wellness program, perhaps now, more than ever.
We are excited to announce that earlier this year we began a partnership with The Social Institute. The #WinAtSocial Program is provided by The Social Institute, the leader in engaging, student-led lessons related to social-emotional health, social media use, and technology. Their positive, high-character, gamified approach is created with student leaders and researchers across the country.
During advisory blocks, we engage students through relevant, student-led discussions that encourage them to open up about social-emotional health, social media, and technology.
Topics discussed in the #WinAtSocial Program include:
· Reflecting our values, character, and interests in our actions online.
· Balancing our time and attention on tech with the people around us.
· Surrounding ourselves with positive and credible influences.
· Using social media as a microphone to create meaningful change.
· Finding your own path no matter the pressure from others.
We are excited to be able to offer this program to our community, and thankful to our Student Wellness Coordinator Sarah Stapleton Rees, LCSW, and Director of Health Services Beth Hammond P'20 for making this program a possibility for our boys this year.