Salisbury Summer Rowing Camp for Boys
June 17 - 23, 2017
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to get on a distribution list for future camps.
Our goal is to further develop a limited number of young oarsmen – technically, physically and mentally – with a curriculum constructed and implemented by experienced educators of boys. We will pursue the following five themes:
- On-the-Water Instruction: Twenty four hours on pristine Lake Washinee, in eights, fours and pairs, will take place in the morning and late afternoon hours with a coaching ratio of no more than eight to one.
- Fitness training: Daily mid-day sessions utilizing Salisbury’s state-of-the-art Flood Athletic Center will focus on the do’s and don’ts of weight training, the specific benefits of yoga and stretching, and proper land-training technique in Salisbury’s dedicated erg room.
- Nutrition: All meals will be prepared by Salisbury’s own dining services team. Hands-on evaluation of nutrition and diet will accompany at least one meal, as well as a discussion of the safety and efficacy of nutritional supplements.
- Competition: Discussion and presentation by international and Olympic-level oarsmen will focus on the idea of pursuing excellence on and off the water.
- Understanding: Daily post-row meetings using video will be led by coaches as they dissect and explain the mechanics of the rowing stroke, providing an individualized critique of each rower’s technique.
"My son has attended this camp for two summers now and we are highly impressed by all aspects of the program. The coaching is top notch. Elite college rowers and competitive high school coaches make up the coaching team. You won't find better. As mentors, they are phenomenal. Years of working (and living with them in a boarding school environment) has produced a director and staff who "get boys." The facilities are also superb, but that's not why you go. You go because Coach Beatty and his team will instill of love of the sport while perfecting technique." --Suzanne Rutstein
"My son attended the Salisbury Rowing Camp with very little rowing experience relative to the other campers. We were beyond thrilled with his opportunity to develop technique and knowledge of this sport. The program director is incredible and the staff equally impressive.The facility, food, and overall experience was tremendous for our son. He enjoyed the fitness and yoga instruction as well. I have two boys to send next summer!" -- Marcia Stankard
"The Salisbury Rowing Camp evolves into a brotherhood of kind, fun, energetic and committed athletes. It offers a perfect balance of rigorous training and skill development with pure team bonding. Kyle Beatty is a gifted coach, educator and leader, and he shares his passion for the sport and talent as a mentor with these boys who grow and thrive over the week. They rise to the physical challenges in great support of each other, and they are also expected to take individual responsibility for themselves. The facilities and food are beyond compare. The week ends in great joy and celebration with a morning regatta. The memories, friendships and lessons endure." --Christine Todd
Staff and Logistics: All oarsmen will live in a single Salisbury dormitory under the direct supervision of the camp directors:
Dates: Noon on Saturday, June 17 – Noon on Friday, June 23
Who is eligible: Boys entering grades 8-12 in September 2017 with some previous exposure to rowing, sculling or coxing. Spaces are limited--first come, first served.
Cost: $1,250; A $625 deposit is due to secure a spot by March 30; $625 remaining balance is due by April 30.
Please make checks out to "Salisbury School" but note "Rowing Camp" in the memo field on your check and in any correspondence.
Please mail to:
Salisbury Rowing Camp for Boys
251 Canaan Road
Salisbury, CT 06068
Rowing Camp Forms: To complete the registration process, we ask that you download and complete several forms from the website and return them with full payment.
Questions about the program may be directed to Camp Director Kyle Beatty at email@example.com or 860-806-0343.
We're sorry. The form you requested is not active at this time.