Sixth Form Gift
In 1991, Salisbury parents began a tradition whereby parents of the Sixth Form honored their sons and expressed thanks to the School for its role their sons' development. Since then, more than $13 million has been added to the permanent endowment and facilities. Projects have focused on student financial aid, faculty development, faculty housing, technology, athletic and classroom facilities.
Parent leaders spearhead the effort to invite all sixth form families to participate. The gift is then presented to the School at graduation. Please click here to make your gift today!
The Class of 2018 Sixth Form Gift:
Transforming Belin Lodge into The Class of 2018 Student Center
Fritz & Tracy Souder
Laura & Andrew Bazarian
Mary-Joan & Paul Buckley
Nadine & John Rote
Elizabeth & Edgar Soule
Sophie & Jason Wang
Tom & Caroline Dean
Kim & Mark McDowell
Lawrence Lee & Sarìta Lam
Ronita & Leonard Teye-Botchway
Cynthia Coudert & Brian Morris
Deborah & Darren DeMartino
To honor the Class of 2018, this year’s Sixth Form Gift will be the renovation of our student center, Belin Lodge. Identified in the School’s Strategic Operating Plan as a top priority, the redesign of Belin Lodge is an inviting project, one for which the boys have been yearning. The need for this upgrade begins with the effort to best serve a growing student population. We are currently a student population of 312, while the existing facility was designed in the early 1970s to accommodate 200 students.
In addition, we are committed to improving the social and campus life experience for our boys and to inspire healthy living. The thoughtful renovation of Belin Lodge will provide an exciting and luxurious space to gather together in moments of free time outside of the dormitory and to enjoy casual conversation, watch a football game, or enjoy a quick snack between school commitments, enriching the brotherhood experience that is one of the School’s most celebrated aspects.
Key features of the plan include the following:
- Connecting and opening the main floor of the facility to the lower level to increase the capacity of the facility and improve its functionality.
- Expanding the kitchen space to better serve the boys who use the Snack Bar.
- Adding recreational opportunities and gathering spaces to encourage social interaction between the boys including a climbing wall, an outdoor fireplace and TV on a deck, a fire pit, and a slide connecting the upper and lower floors.
- Integrating current technology to match the needs of the boys.
- The current expectation is that the cost of implementing the preliminary plans will be in the range of $2.5 million.
- Class of 1991 Endowment for Faculty Development
- Class of 1992 Scholarship Fund
- Class of 1993 Scholarship Fund
- Class of 1994 Endowment for Off-Term Faculty Projects
- Class of 1995 Faculty House
- Class of 1996 Computer and Communications Network
- Class of 1997 Athletic Fields
- Class of 1998 Lecture Hall
- Class of 1999 Laboratory
- Class of 2000 Technology Endowment and Computer Center
- Class of 2001 Centennial Class Terrace and Lawn
- Class of 2002 Dome
- Class of 2003 Fitness Center
- Class of 2004 Student Center Renovation
- Class of 2005 Faculty Home
- Class of 2006 Faculty Home
- Class of 2007 Fitness Center
- Class of 2008 Entrance Foyer: Flood Athletic Center
- Class of 2009 Championship Lounge
- Class of 2010 Stadium Seating at Wachtmeister Field
- Class of 2011 Endowed Teaching Fellowship
- Class of 2012: Restoration and Renovation to the Main Building Entrance
- Class of 2013 Global Classroom and Video Conferencing Center
- Class of 2014: Restoring and Preserving the Historic Main Building's North Dormitory
- Class of 2015: Restoring Salisbury's Academic and College Offices in the Historic Main Building
- Class of 2016: Endowed Teaching Fellowship
- Class of 2017 Quadrangle Renovation