Salisbury boys are encouraged to pursue their enthusiasm for music, whether it is participation in gospel choir, a cappella group, jazz, classical or rock ensembles, music technology class or individual lessons in voice or instruments.
(Students may use the form located at the end of the page to sign up for specific music lessons.)
Our student musicians and singers perform on campus at numerous events, such as chapel services, school meetings and Saturday night coffee houses. The talented jazz ensemble and gospel choir have also performed locally, allowing the greater Salisbury community to enjoy talent from the Hilltop.
The Field Music Center contains three teaching/practicing rooms, two large ensemble rooms and a brand new, state-of-the-art music-computer lab, allowing for the composition, recording and producing of music in all genres.
In addition to regular curriculum offerings, there are numerous special workshops throughout the year. These have included:
- Middle Eastern drumming
- African drumming
- Sound improvisation
- Rhythm section workshops
- Master classes in jazz, hip hop and digital music
- Jazz performances by world renowned musicians
- Peter McEachern Jazz Ensemble/Jazz History/Digital Media/Brass
- Ram Miles Rock Ensemble/Upright Bass
- Anton Kuskin, Classical Ensemble/Flute
- Steve Ide, Guitar/Bass
- Alan Simon, Piano/Arranging
- Harvey Sorgen, Drums
- Larry Deming, Violin/Viola
- Elisabeth Craig, Cello
- Ken Lauber, Piano/Composition
- Kris Jensen, Saxophone/Clarinet
- Jon Suters, Upright Bass/Classical Guitar
A student may take lessons in more than one area.
Interested in music lessons? Sign up below.