History of the Program
In 1915, some intrepid golfers, led by students Lawrence Peirson ’16 and Harvey Childs ’16, constructed a primitive course in the Wildcat Hollow area. Course improvements were carried out in 1918-1919 under the direction of Captain Corcoran, the School’s military instructor. A five-hole putting area was also laid out on the front lawn of the School. These facilities soon fell into disuse, however, and their exact location is now a mystery. Golf returned to Salisbury as a recreational sport in the early 1980s, and as a varsity team in 1988 under the leadership of Coach Todd Bean. For much of the modern era Tim Sinclair ’91 has coached the group, which now makes its home at Wyantenuck Country Club in Great Barrington, MA.