As we look ahead to the winter trimester, it is time to start planning for your son’s graduation this coming June. At this point, we are optimistic that we will be able to host an in-person Commencement, as our ceremony is unique and special in so many ways. Honoring the members of the Sixth Form and their families, our two-day celebration is truly a signature event for Salisbury School.
At the same time, we are also working on contingency plans in the event that the ever-changing landscape of the pandemic requires us to pivot. As we get closer, we will keep you informed of the nature of our plans. That said, on the basis of optimism, we encourage all families to book room reservations in the area if you have not done so already. In order to assist you in this process, we have attached a list of some hotels in the area, but there are many other accommodations that can be found through Air B&B and VRBO, or other websites.
REMEMBER TO BOOK NOW!
- Thursday, June 3, 2021 – Pre-Graduation Luncheon and Award Ceremony
- Friday, June 4, 2021 – Graduation
Should you have questions please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant to the Headmaster
Schedule of Events
Thursday, june 3
- Pre-graduation luncheon and awards ceremony
- 1:30 p.m. Graduation Rehearsal – Sixth Form (Chapel)
- Graduation Rehearsal – Fifth Form (Class of 2017 Quadrangle)
- 3:00 p.m. Sixth Form vs. Faculty softball game
- 6:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony in the Class of 2017 Quadrangle (school dress)
- 7:00 p.m. Reception for Sixth Form & Families
- 11:00 p.m. Students leaving campus for dinner are due back for check-in
schedule of events continued...
friday, june 4
- 8:30 a.m. Sixth Form Photo on Senior Mound
- 10:00 a.m. Baccalaureate service in the Chapel
- 11:00 a.m. Awarding of diplomas and prizes in the Class of 2017 Quadrangle
- 12:30 p.m. Luncheon in the Dining Hall
Visit here for lodging options today, to make your plans.
If you have any questions, please contact Carol Keenan in the Headmaster’s Office at 860-435-5701 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Class of 2021 Dress Code for Graduation
- Navy blue blazer
- Salisbury crest (pin-on; available in The Armory)
- White dress shirt with collar
- White cotton dress trousers - no jeans, cargo pants, etc. no off-white, white only
- Dress shoes - no sneakers, topsiders, hiking boots, etc.
- The Salisbury Class of 2021 Tie will be provided by the School.
In early spring, Salisbury School will work with a local retail shop, Barrington Outfitters, to provide the boys and their families with an opportunity to order and purchase their attire through this vendor. Families are free to shop on their own, but in using Barrington, we ensure uniformity of graduation attire.
We anticipate that COVID-19 protocols such as masking and socially distancing will be in place, please plan accordingly.
Show your pride for Salisbury School by displaying your diploma. Order a special 15" x 17" frame from Framing Success. It will be mailed directly to your home and diplomas can be easily inserted. To purchase yours visit www.framingsuccess.com.
Please remind your boys that all school rules are in effect throughout the final graduation ceremony.